- Vegan, Gluten free*, Corn Syrup free, Soy free and Non-GMO (*shared equipment)
- Retail: $24.99 one pound bag
- Alternative butter-based caramels
- Ingredients: coconut milk (coconut milk, xanthan gum), organic brown rice syrup, organic evaporated cane juice, sea salt.
- JJ Sweets Cocomels Website
Rating Stats (out of 100%)
As long time vegans the craving for caramel can get intense at times. Sure, there are a lot of options of crappy, corn-syrup based “fake caramel” stuff out there but these guys are the real deal. A bit oily because of the coconut oil, the texture of these treats are on the softer side, which works for us. Though one may consider them pricey, they are rich and therefore should be kept as treats, not daily dosage of sweetness. Based on that, and the high-quality ingredients used, we feel it’s a pretty good bang for the buck. We also feel this is pretty likely to quench that caramel craving.